Espresso was originated in Italy. The word espresso means fast and the name was given to this type of coffee because of its fast preparation. Where drip coffee takes long time to prepare coffee from the grounds, on the other hand espresso provides the drink just from forcing hot water from through finely ground coffee which extracts the whole flavors from it. Espresso culture was first started in all coffee shops and café which make sure to deliver you coffee in fast, without stopping like any other express service.
In this article, lets discuss about steam-driven espresso makers and it’s pro and cons specifically. There are so many espresso makers available in the market few are manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic respectively. The price differs when functionality and features gets advanced for these machines. Still these machines are best known for their low price. It is affordable and its price ranges under $100. In fact, this could be really good as a gifting option for a house warming party or for a wedding of your loved ones. Secondly if you are buying your first coffee maker, this could be a great option to start with.
Espressos are known as the base drink for making many types of coffee forms like –
- Americano (espresso diluted with hot water)
- Café latte (a shot of espresso with hot milk and sometimes small amount of milk foam)
- Cappuccino (a shot of espresso with combination of hot milk and milk froth)
- Mocha (a cappuccino with traditional chocolate syrup)
- Frappe (espresso blended with ice, milk, sugar and water) etc.
Now, you can see that espresso is quite an essential to make different styles of coffee and along with milk froth or milk foam you can make all these sorts easily at home. Semi-automatic Steam driven makers comes with a traditional steam wand used to make froth in the milk. So milk frothing system in these makers is quite dicey. If you are an Americano or latte style fan then steam driven can give you great results but if you like cappuccino or mocha more to get the café type result you need better frothing system and more pressure driven machine. You can get these results if you invest in a pump driven espresso maker.
- Espresso is best known for its price range. You can easily buy a steam espresso maker from $35 to $100.
- It’s small and compact in size if compared to other machines. So it need very less space on your kitchen counter.
- The functionality is simple i.e. no high-tech control panel make the system really easy to use and worthy for first time users.
- They are quality machines and produces excellent espresso when comes to taste.
- They are less noisy than other machines.
- Steam pressure needs to be regulated constantly.
- Milk frothing system is not that effective if compared to other machines.
- Cleaning is a big task.
- Because of high temperature of steamed water, machine needs to be descaled at least once in a month.
- You cannot brew another set of coffee i.e. espresso maker it needs cool down first before it can be used again.
- Steam driven at times not able to produce that perfect coffee crema like crema produced by pump-driven or other high end coffee makers.
These are the few pro and cons. If you are planning to buy a steam coffee maker look for the great offers and deals given by the online shopping portals. At times they give combo offers like coffee grinder and coffee makers at amazing price range. So, enjoy that perfect cup of delight.
Share your reviews in comments section